Moderate distribution, EWMA, Six Delta.
||The Author(s) 2018. This article is published with open access at www.chitkara.edu.in/publications
A control chart is a graphical device for representation of the data for knowing the extent of variations from the expected standard. The technique of control chart was suggested by W.A. Shewhart of Bell Telephone Company based on three sigma limits. M. Harry, the engineer of Motorola has introduced the concept of six sigma in 1980. In six sigma initiatives, it is expected to produce 3.4 or less number of defects per million of opportunities. Moderate distribution proposed by Naik and Desai is a sound alternative of normal distribution, which has mean and mean deviation as pivotal parameters and which has properties similar to normal distribution. Naik and Tailor have developed various control charts based on this distribution. In this paper an attempt is made to construct a control chart based on six delta initiatives for exponentially weighted moving average chart. Suitable Table for mean deviation is also constructed and presented for the engineers for making quick decisions.
||Print : 2278-9561, Online : 2278-957X
- Hunter J. Stuart (1986): The Exponentially Weighted Moving Average, Journal of Quality Technology, 18, 203-210.
- Lucas James M. and Crosier Ronald B. (1982): Fast Initial Response for CUSUM Quality Control Schemes, Technometrics, 24, 199-205
- Lucas James M. and Saccucci Michael S. (1990): Exponentially Weighted Moving average Schemes, Properties and Enhancements, Technometrics, 32, 1-29
- K.S.Tailor(2016): Moving Average And Moving Range Charts Under The Assumption Of Moderateness And Its 3 Control Limits, Sankhya Vignan, December-2016, 2, 18-31
- Kalpesh S.Tailor(2017): Exponentially Weighted Moving Average (EWMA)Charts Under The Assumption Of Moderateness And Its 3-delta Control Limits, Mathematical Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences(MJIS), March-2017, Vol. 5, 2, 121-129
- Kaplesh S.Tailor(2017): Sample Standard Deviation(s) Chart Under The Assumption Of Moderateness And Its Performance Analysis, International Journal of Research-Granthaalayah (IJRG), Vol. 5, Issue 6, June- 2017, 368-377
- K.S.Tailor(2017): Sample Mean Deviation (d) Control Chart Based on Six Sigma Initiatives, Sankhya Vignan, June-2017, 28-36
- Kaplesh S.Tailor(2017): Sample Mean Deviation (d) Chart Under the Assumption of Moderateness and its Performance Analysis Under Normality Against Moderateness, International Journal of Engineering and management research(IJEMR), Vol. 7, Issue 4,July-August -2017 , 292-296
- R.Radhakrishnan and P.Balamurugan(2016):Construction of control chart based on six sigma initiatives for standard deviation ,American International Journal of Research in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, June- August , pp. 245-248
- R.Radhakrishnan and P.Balamurugan(2010):Six Sigma based Control charts for the number of defectives, Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM 2010) organized by Bangladesh Society of Mechanical Engineers, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Jan 9-10, (2010a), 92.
- R.Radhakrishnan and P.Balamurugan(2010):Six Sigma based Exponentially Weighted Moving Average Control Chart, Indian journal of Science and Technology (IJST), Vol.3, No. 10, October, pp. 1052-1055
- Roberts S.W. (1959): Control chart Tests Based on Geometric Moving Average Charts. Technometrics, Vol.-1, No.-3, pp .239-250
- V.D. Naik and K.S. Tailor (2015):On performance of Χ bar and R-charts under the assumption of moderateness rather than normality and with 3δ control limits rather than 3σ control limits, VNSGU Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.4, No. 1, 243-255
- Walter A. Shewhart(1931):Economic Control of Quality of Manufactured Product, New York: Van Nostrand.