Non-Newtonian fluid, Generalized group theoretic method, Powell-Eyringmodel, Prandtl-Eyring model, Forced convection.
||The Author(s) 2016. This article is published with open access at www.chitkara.edu.in/publications
Generalized one parameter group theoretical method is applied to study Powell-Eyring and Prandtl-Eyring fluid models for heat transfer in forced convection boundary layer flow. The velocity and the temperature variations for two dimensional steady incompressible, laminar forced convection flow of both fluid modelspast a flat plate is considered. Velocity and temperature variation for different values offluid index and physical parameter A,B,α,β and Pr are presented graphically. Also, comparison for both fluid models is done graphically.
||Print : 2278-9561, Online : 2278-957X
- Hansen A.G. and Na T.Y., (1968). “Similarity solution of laminar, Incompressible boundary layer equations of non-Newtonian fluid”, Journal of basic engineering, 67.
- Hayat T, Saeed Yusra, Alsaedi A, Asad Sadia (2015). Effects of Convective Heat and Mass Transfer inFlow of Powell-Eyring Fluid Past an Exponentially Stretching Sheet. PLOS ONE 10(9).
- Hema Surati, M.G. Timol (2010). “Numerical study of forced convection wedge flow of some non –Newtonian fluids” IJAMM (18), 50–65.
- Hema C. Surati, Hemangini Shukla and M.G. Timol. “On the Transformation of Non-Newtonian Boundary value problem to Initial value problem” Int. J. of Engg. Sc. Invention Research & Development; Vol. III, Issue III, September 2016.
- Hsiao-Tsung Lin, Li-Kuo Lin “Similarity solutions for laminar forced convection heat transfer from wedges to fluids of any Prandtl number”, Int. J. Heat Mass Tran., 30, pp.1111–1118, 1987.
- Kapur J N, (1963). “A Note on the boundary layer equations for power-law fluids”, J. Phys.Soc. Japan, 18, 144.
- K. V. Prasad, P. S. Datti, B. T. Raju, (2013). “Momentum and heat transfer of a Non-Newtonian Eyring-powell fluid over a Non-Isothermal stretching sheet International journal of Mathematical archive 4, pp.230–241, 2013.
- Manisha Patel, M.G. Timol, (2009). “Numerical treatment of Powell–Eyring fluid flow using Method of Satisfaction of Asymptotic Boundary Conditions” (MSABC), Applied Numerical Mathematics 59, 2584–2592.
- Manisha Patel, M.G. Timol (2010). “The stress strain relationship for viscous- inelastic non-Newtonian fluids”, Int. J. Appl. Math. Mech., 6(12), 79–93.
- Moran, M. J. and Gaggioli, R.A. (1968). “A Reduction of the Number of Variables in Systems of Partial Differential Equations with Auxiliary Conditions”, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 16, pp. 202–215.
- Mehmet Pakdemirli, (1994) “Similarity analysis of boundary layer equations of a class of non-Newtonian fluids”, Int. J. nonLinearMechanics 29, 187–196.
- Munir Asif, Shahzad Azeem, Khan Masood, (2014). “Force Convective Heat Transfer in Boundary Layer Flow of Sisko Fluid over a Nonlinear Stretching Sheet.” PLOS ONE, 9(6).
- Nita Jain, R.M. Darji, M.G. Timol (2014). “Similarity solution of natural convection boundary layer flow of non-Newtonian Sutterby fluids”, (IJAMM) 2(2) (150-158 (ISSN:2347-2529).
- Patel, M., Surati, H., Chanda, M.S. and Timol, M.G. (2013). “Models of Various Non-Newtonian Fluids”, International E-journal of education and mathematics (IEJEM), 2(4), 21–36.
- T.Y. Na, (1994). “Boundary layer flow of Reiner–Philipoff fluids”, Int. J. Non- Linear Mech. 29(6), 871–877.
- Vishwambhar S. Patil, Nalini S. Patil, M. G. Timol ( 2015 ). “ A remark on similarity analysis of boundary layer equations of a class of non-Newtonian fluids” International Journal Non LinearMechanics, 2.71 127–131