- Das, A. K. and Tripathi, T. P. (1978). Use of auxiliary information in estimating the finite population variance. Sankhya, 40 (C), 139–148.
- Isaki, Cary T. (1983). Variance estimation using auxiliary information. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 78 (381), 117–123.
- Jhajj, H. S., Sharma, M. K. and Grover, L. K., (2006). A family of estimators of population mean using information on auxiliary attribute. Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 22 (1), 43–50.
- Kadilar, Cem and Cingi, Hulya (2007). Improvement in variance estimation in simple random sampling. Communications in Statistics—Theory and Methods, 36 (11), 2075–2081.
- Koyuncu, Nursel (2012). Efficient estimators of population mean using auxiliary attributes. Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 218 , no.22, pp. 10900–10905.
- Mukhopadhyaya, P. (2009). Theory and methods of survey sampling. Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, India.
- Prasad, B. and Singh, H. P. (1990). Some improved ratio-type estimators of finite population variance in sample surveys. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 19 (3), 1127–1139.
- Singh, Rajesh and Malik, Sachin (2014). Improved estimation of population variance using information on auxiliary attributes in simple random sampling. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 235 , 43–49.
- Singh, H. P., Upadhyaya, L. N. and Namjoshi, U. D. (1988). Estimation of finite population variance. Current Science, 57 (24), 1331–1334.
- Singh, Rajesh, Chauhan, Pankaj, Smarandache, Florentin, & Sawan, Nirmala (2007). Auxiliary information and a priori values in construction of improved estimators. Infinite Study.
- Sukhatme, Pandurang Vasudeo and Sukhatme, Balkrishna V. (1970). Sampling theory of surveys with applications. Iowa State University Press, Ames, U.S.A.
- Sahai, A. and Ray, S. K. (1980). An efficient estimator using auxiliary information. Metrika, Vol. 27 , no.1, pp. 271–275.
- Singh, S. (2003). Advanced Sampling Theory with Application: How Michael “Selected’’ Amy Vol. 1 & 2 , pp. 1–1247, Kluwer Academic Publisher, The Netherlands.
- Singh, Rajesh and Kumar, Mukesh (2011): A note on transformations on auxiliary variable in survey sampling. Mod. Assis. Stat. Appl., 6 :1, 17–19